View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
kmartz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery model question

I need to replace my 2003 6 6volt Trojans. I will be going to 8 6volts with two in the bag well. I chose 8 6volts because I read here that this will fully utilize my 8hp motor @ 1600 rpms and 700amp Alltrax controller. My main use for the cart is off road, up and down hills with very little to no mud. My goals are to maximize my set up with the best battery model and get the most run time possible. My tires are 20x10x8’s. I am staying with this size because, again, I have read here that each step up in tire diameter is a loss in torque. My question is not what brand, but what model from these three brands: Trojan, Us Battery, and Crown. I have researched many threads and based on time in the battery game, battery weight, and intended use I have whittled my choices down to these three. So those of you that can decipher the battery specs within brands please guide me to a choice from each brand. I have no allegiance to any brand. Availability, price, and comments from this thread will determine the brand. Thanks now to all who comment with you professional knowledge.
kmartz is offline   Reply With Quote