View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #27
stang99x
Gone Wild

Unhappy Re: Precedent 48v with 12v batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
I think it all comes down to how people use their carts. Some people use golf carts for golf, some drive around their neighborhoods. I use my carts as off road utility vehicles for hunting, ranching, gardening and for fun. At times I use the lights for 6 plus hours a night for hog hunting, some times I get home late and use the cart to light up the garden for watering and picking vegetables for an hour or so. Using that much power from one battery of your pack is a terrible idea. For the average golfer might run their lights a few minutes a week, not a huge deal for the batteries.

My Club Car came with the four 12 volts, guess which battery died first? The one that ran the lights. The other three are still alive, two serving as gate opener batteries and one as the auxiliary battery in my Big Cart.

There is no single solution for ever cart owner. Use what will serve YOU the best.
A well thought out response with his personal experience. As such should be the case with all posters, especially vendors. Hence the reason I have no issue referring other members to Revolution carts for parts.

And as to your quote about converters Sergio I would respond that the speed limit sign also commands to drive at or under the posted limit. I guess you've never done anything against "posted rules" in life. Stop being so combative. If you don't like my opinion, then do it your own way. I won't lose a wink of sleep either way. The OP asked, and I offered my opinion as a PROFESSIONAL installer. Why don't you give us your credentials. Have you trained at Club Car as I have? Do you have supporting documents to show that a radio will cause premature failure?
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote