View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 05:06 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need to increase speed on 2020 EZ-GO L6 Express Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fteti View Post
I was wondering if there a trick to speeding up my new 2020 EZ-GO L6 Express Elite? It is MUCH slower than my old 2010 EZ-GO & the dealer said he couldn't make it faster (btw, the turtle/rabbit speed switch has very little effect).

I've read in some posts that some folks (like Bob Boyce) know how this can be accomplished (and may even be able to modify my cart for me), but not sure how that works/costs (don't really want to start taking the cart apart and shipping parts around).

Appreciate the help; Thanks
I hope the dealer did not corrupt your Elite... Rabbit/Turtle switch malfunction is one sign of that. If so, continuing to operate it can permanently damage the controller.

All Elite carts must be reprogrammed with the controller in the cart. The BMS is integrated to the controller. Be aware, the Elite version of the S4 and L6 is a bad design from the factory. It is a 72V cart and motor, running from a "48 volt" type lithium pack for the RXV. Due to the lowered operating voltage, the controller must supply more current to the AC motor to retain rotor lock. This means the motor runs hotter than the same cart running from a 72V lead/acid battery pack. It can be turned up, but we do not want to turn it up as much as the 72V operated version. Turning it up all the way would result in motor overheats and shutdowns. So for motor safety we like to limit it to about 27 MPH.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote