View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: interesting problem

I ran through Papaws most interesting test sequence and got the following; Test before start up across the plug wire and ground = 9.05 Ohms, ran the cart for a couple of minutes on a gasoline top up run and the bugger wouldn't re-start, instantly checked the previous measurements and came up with precisely the same readings but no spark at the plug
I clipped a 1/2" off the plug wire ( seen the wire get torn loose before) and re-attached the plug cap but no change. This is killing me. The cart ran perfectly all the way until I shut her off but then exhibits a "no spark" condition when I want to move again. I never shifted out of F , just let her idle down to a stop yet no re-start. If anyone can shed shed some light on this scenario it would be extremely well recieved and that is with no disrespect to the very well intentioned and pertinent points that I have already recieved from my respected peers at this site. I'm reluctant to splash $100 on a new igniter/coil on the off chance that this may fix the problem but i'm open to all suggestions at this point since i'm tearing my hair out and I aint got much left !!
Cheers folks.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote