View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 09:11 AM   #23
fatbiker
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-GO No spark, looking for pulser?

This HEI you speak of do you have a part number I have a 1993 with the 295cc engine. I owuld like to try this but not sure what to ask for when I go to the parts store. Thanks Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
150 is fine (my brand new OEM replacement pulsar arrived reading 164 over a year ago and has been cruisin fine since)

If your cart is an 88 (which the SN supports) it has the 244cc Robin 2PG engine, 9hp at 5k RPM (which is redline)

If your pulsar is good (which it seems) and the coil is OK, you're looking at another common issue, a bad ignitor. The bad news is there is no way to test them other than replacement (seriously - NO way) but the good news is you can replace the $100+ ignitor box with a $22 HEI module from NAPA and you'll be fine, not to mention you'll have a much stronger spark. Search "HEI Mod" here in the forums for the diagram, should take you all of about an hour to do.

Make SURE when you mount the HEI though that you grind a bare spot behind it so it mounts solidly metal-to-metal with FULL contact on the rear of the module, both for grounding and for heatsinking - when you find the HEI Mod threads you'll see that, but it's MUCHO important so I figured I'd reiterate it right away!
fatbiker is offline   Reply With Quote