View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default >1 mph F or R - Fully Charged Help

This is my first post, so please be gentle. I've seen lots of great information but not quite my situation. Please help, if you can.

My 2009 EZGO RXV 48v was running fine while i upgraded the entire cart(14" wheels, 23" tires, 6" A-Arm lift, custom paint-white base coat/chameleon pearl, etc.). I was moving the cart to work on some other items when it all the sudden "died", or appeared to die. I pushed it to its resting location and charged it. Once the charger stated fully charged, i unplugged, put it back into "run" mode and here is the problem. Now the cart will only run at >1mph in forward or reverse. I've removed the parking brake, troubleshot the voltage, ensured all connections are solid and cleaned terminals, and don't know where to go next. The local cart repair shop mentioned to test it via disengaging the motor brake...can anyone help me understand how to properly do this without causing more issues?

The cart has June of 2012 Trojan 1275 batteries that all appear to be holding a charge even when in motion at 1mph. I also fully charged each battery individually, then plugged cart charger in verify and top off. Still no luck. Anyone have any advice on what to do next, im contemplating having diagnostics ran on the cart tomorrow but would like to try any suggestions before i do so. Thank you kindly.
LSU MykuL is offline   Reply With Quote