View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Melex 252 resistor speed control electrical problem

OK from the solenoid. you have a cable that runs from it to the throttle arm. this is the piece connected to the gas pedal that moves over the pins on the board that run to the resistor coils. You then have cables from the back of the pins to the coils. the one closest to the "off" position (position when you foot is off the gas) goes to the end of the coils the one with the smaller diameter wire and most coils is the lowest speed coil. then the second up goes to the point where the first and second coils meet then the 3rd pin to the joint of the second and third coil, then last is at the end of the coil pack.

I am out of town but had my wife get me a shot of the that swipe board. you can see how it runs. the solenoid is at the top and you see a cable come around and to thru the center of the throttle arm. it's an odd position for the pic because mine is not in the cart any more. I swapped out my entire drive train for one from a 98 EZGO. I wanted to upgrade to solid state and better speed and I picked up a wrecked 98 with everything I needed including a top for $180 bucks. so why not!

Hope this helps you.

if you need more info let me know!

Arin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Melex swipe board.jpg (181.6 KB, 0 views)
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote