View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 07:35 PM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do I get trash out of my gas tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
It should just be those 2 bolts at the top of the tank. Then If you bend the tab in the front a bit you can squeeze it out the side and pull it out. It’s tight but I’ve done it.

This is going off of memory, it’s been a while since I had a gas cart at all since I’ve moved to Michigan and they don’t seem to exist here lol. but I’m positive I have done it before. But the more I think of it, and looking back at some pictures, I’m not 100% sure if the engine was installed or not when I did it… but may be able to get away with just removing the airbox…

I’ve never had a non-lifted ezgo before though either. That may be a factor as well with clearance.
I removed one back when I worked at the city golf course without removing the body but in the process I sort of destroyed the tank, or almost anyway .

I took a long bar and compressed the tank and after more time that should have been taken I got it out but never again would I try that.

I could have drilled out the rivets on two carts and removed the body in the time it took me trying to take a shortcut I did back then.

Removing the rear body on a TXT is about the only safe way to get one out without messing it up. Its also the way the manual tells to do it.

I do think you are thinking about removing the tank on a workhorse. Yes you can bend those tabs which I mentioned and get it out but not on a TXT.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote