View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
tysontdw
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery usage on a Gas Cart - Clue me in!

I have a 2018 Yami Drive 2 efi Gas. I installed a sound bar connected to the battery via a relay to the ignition. I have spent some time playing the radio without the cart running. Ever since the cart is slooooow to take off. I assume the battery is weak. Even seems a little weak on hills but that could be my imagination. It's on a tender now.

This brings some general questions. Note: I am nowhere near a gas mechanic or an electrician but do know how to turn a wrench, connect black to black and red to red and wrap crap up with electrical tape.

If my battery is low does my cart have an alternator strong enough to get it charged again? Does it have an alternator or does the starter/generator serve that purpose? Not like I am driving it for hours like I do in my car. It would seem to me every time I stop and start the battery is just getting drained more and more. Especially just cruising around the neighborhood with the sound bar playing.

Can anyone clue me in and explain the basics of how this works when my cart starts, idles, starts up, charges, etc?

Thanks
tysontdw is offline   Reply With Quote