View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 07:07 AM   #1
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default $450 for D8 Trojan 105's ??

This is kind of a continuation of another thread, but I thought it would get more attention with it's own thread.

I have a chance to get above batteries with free cables for $450 for my cart I got this past Monday. I feel pretty good about the used batteries (C5) that are on it, but I'm sure this winter will tell the truth about them. If I decided to not go with the above deal, my other option is to get a local battery stores brand for $513 (tax included). Of course they said theirs was just as good as Trojans, but the 105's are $630 thru them. I've been leaning towards not getting them and running my thru the winter and just seeing how they do. Like I said above, I can get the store brand batteries for $63 more when I have to get them.

Here's the deal
My batteries will be 4 years old next April, how much life could they have left ? As I posted on the other thread, they all check between 6.32 and 6.39 with a volt meter.

What would be the down side of buying these and just storing them in my shed until I need them ? I didn't think to ask the guy about the core charge.

I have the extra $$ now but I'm in straight commission sales and with this economy, who knows what the future holds.

Sorry for all the questions so far on the board, but I know nothing and you guys know a lot !

Thanks,
K
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote