View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Empulse
Not Yet Wild

Default MCOR? Speed Sensor? Controller? Cart Runs at half speed. Advice, please.

I try to do as much research as possible, and post as few questions as I can, but this has really got me stumped. I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have a 06 Clubcar Carryall 1 : Serial #FD0601-588492

The cart only goes about half speed (guessing here, but 7-8 miles an hour). My first guess was batteries, but with the Lester (ezgo approved, I assume clubcar as well) discharge machine all the batteries are over 7v (7.1-7.3), and the batteries are in good health.

We then went to the MCOR, and using a diagram I found here - how to test MCOR on 04 IQ regen, we attempted to test the MCOR. This is where my concern comes in. . . . Step 6 says to check voltage between the yellow wire (red probe) and the #4 battery negative (black probe), and the voltage should read 0.32v at rest and 4.65v fully depressed. . . My numbers are way wrong, as I get -16v at rest, and then it comes up as I depress the pedal. Am I performing this portion of the test wrong??

The next procedure (# is to test resistance through the MCOR. With the pedal fully up (at rest) it claims 5.67k - 7.43k ohms is normal. I get 7.78k. Fully depressed the book says it should read approx 1k ohms and I'm getting 2.96k ohms.

Do these readings indicate a bad MCOR? The darn part is too expensive for me to just throw a part in there on a hope. . . . I know there is a possibility that its the speed sensor as well, but I'll be damned if I can find a way to test it. . . . Does anyone know the procedure for testing it?? Any advice anyone can give me?

Thanks a ton,
Brandon
Empulse is offline   Reply With Quote