View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
sontag1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default I fixed my 1982 G1 carb - Throttle Shaft Hole

I was having to run my cart with the choke pulled out. That is how I got it last week. Well after a lot of reading, some good advice, and some digging in my carb, I found that the Throttle Shaft had a lot of wiggle room in the Throttle Shaft Hole. It was making my cart run lean, and that is why I was having to run with the choke pulled out. It looked like I was about to start shopping for a new carb. After I thought about it for a while, I decided that I had nothing to lose by trying to fix it. At first I thought I would JB weld that hole closed and re drill the opening. I did NOT end up doing that. So after I got the carb off this morning I could see that the body of the carb was not damaged. There was some sort of brass bushing around the shaft that had worn out. That is where all the wobble was coming from. (picture 1) This is how I fixed it. I am going to try and give step by step with pictures:

I removed the carb and then removed the bowl, float, and needle (picture 2). While you have the carb off you might as well clean it.

As you can see in (picture 3) the screws holding the plate on the shaft are pretty stripped out. They actually came out fairly easy. I was worried for nothing.

Picture 4 shows the shaft out and the worn bushing laying beside it. Picture 5 shows the shaft with the replacement bushing. Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while. I do not know what it is called, but it is used to crimp ground wires together. I had a container with several, but the card that id's what is in the container is gone (of course).

I will continue in a reply so I can upload more photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb1.JPG (128.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg carb2.JPG (155.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg carb3.JPG (98.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg carb4.JPG (88.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg carb5.JPG (86.2 KB, 43 views)
sontag1 is offline   Reply With Quote