View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 07:54 PM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Zongshen 625cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonE63@aol.com View Post
Hi, first off I want to say this is the first time I’ve had a golf cart! I purchased a 2004 EZGO TXT that has the Zongshen 625cc engine it from Vegas carts. When I give it gas it does not idle up or go any faster. It has a fuel pump on it with three hoses, 1 from fuel tank and one going to carb, and the 3rd hose looks like it’s going into engine and when cart is running fuel flows a little at a time into this hose to motor! The oil is way full and looks grayish. Weird smell I’m not sure if it’s gas or what! Please help! Thanks Y’all.
That line that goes to the engine is actually the "pulse" line and it is getting vaccum from the action of the piston in the cylinder from below in the crank case. This pulse activates the pump, pulling fuel from the tank, and pushing it to the carb. There is a rubber membrane in the fuel pump that separates the chambers, and it is likely that this membrane has failed. Get a new fuel pump or replace the membrane. Also, you will need to change your oil, as is sounds like you have gas in the oil.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote