View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
Jmax207
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 1990 Lifted G2 Gas Yamaha Front End Issue

I have had this cart for three years. Except for some issues I worked out in the beginning it has been a great cart. Here is a link to my original issues and cart info when I first posted three years ago:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ns-issues.html

The cart has always had a front end wobble if I am going fast enough and hit a decent sized bump which would cause the cart to front end shake. I could end the shaking simply by slowing down until it stabilized and then I could continue on as normal. I have had this thing moving with no problem. I have taken it on the beach, roads and in the woods. Great cart overall.

Here is the current issue. At the end of last season I had a low front tire, which happened a few times a year with that tire, so I filled it up normal. I then went around and filled all the tires nice and tight. In retrospect I have a feeling the guys who sold me the cart told me not to fill each tire full because of the lift kit. Well I did:( I then drove it down to the beach and it did not steer easily. It was very tight. I then drove it back home up a hill and by the end it was moving very tight and slow, almost like one tire is going one way and the other another.

I let it sit over the long winter and am now dealing with it.

I took this video today of the cart backing up and moving back forward. You can definitely see the tires toe one way and the other, prob not a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2z-...ature=youtu.be

I am looking for any advice on what the problem may be and also some info on how I tighten or loosen the front tires to toe them one way or the other.

Then after we tackle this problem I have a dozen more to work on. I'd like to turn this cart into a champ.

Thanks for the help in advance.

JMax

Last edited by Jmax207; 05-02-2014 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: Need more in title
Jmax207 is offline   Reply With Quote