View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 07:21 AM   #1
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default power loss to motor

2000 CC DS series cart , 700 amp FSIP controller , PQ Rattlesnake II , 2ga Cable.

This all started a few weeks back and seems to come and go. I was driving along and slowed to go over a speed bump, hit the pedal, solenoid engaged and started to move and then there was a clunk and no power to the motor, off and back on the pedal and everything was fine , took off like normal. first time it happened it went 3 days before it happened again (I do 10 miles a day everyday) and then it did it 3 times in a day (always seems to be starting off or getting back on the pedal in a slow roll).

At first look I checked all the battery cable and all was fine, nothing stood out , but snugged everything up and it ran good that day. Next day I got another power drop so I went a little further. I disconnected the pack pos and neg and check all the cables to the motor , solenoid , controller and F/R and found nothing loose but again gave everything a little snugging up. Re hooked the pack pos and neg and everything was fine for the last two to three weeks. I thought it was fixed but its not , the last few day I have gotten a few .

It is so quick when it happens it hard to see what the voltmeter is reading, but I thought I saw a the meter scroll down to low 40's and shoot back up to 50 in a split second. I have fear that its the controller but with it coming and going it hard for me to pin point . Asking the site masters to lead me to what to check next . I am on vacation but have some tools with me but may be limited to what I can do with what I got.

Thanks , Swan
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote