View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
crash51730
Not Yet Wild

Default Intermittent loss of power question

I haven't had a chance to really dive into this problem, but I wanted to bounce it off you guys first. It helps having a place to start. Cart info 1998 ezgo medalist. Long travel 6 in lift, 23" tires, recently installed scottyb's 2g cables, 500a alltrax controller and heavy duty solenoid. We are still running on the 36 v setup, batteries are 4+ years old and can only get them to about 85% soc. the cart will lose power for a second then regain power. It seems to occur during all phases of acceleration but seems worst in the middle of accelerator travel. It also seems to be possibly happening when hitting bumps in the road. But it has also occurred on relatively smooth riding. Power just cuts out then comes right back to regular power. The problem occurred before all the Scottyb upgrades as well so all of those connections I have high confidence in. I don't hear the solenoid dropping out when this occurs. But you can see the voltmeter jump up like all the load is off the motor. Is it possible for the ITS to have a dead spot, or for it to be malfunctioning over bumpy travel?
crash51730 is offline   Reply With Quote