View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
texastom1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Only Runs with full choke and full Throttle

Thank ya'll so much for you help and suggestions.
I checked the carb for cracks and didn't see any. When I used a gravity feed fuel source to see if it ran better than with the fuel pump. I used a bolt to plug the fuel line coming from the fuel pump that went to the carb. It didn't change the way it ran at all but I did notice that when it was running that fuel was pushing past the bolt to come out of the line. The bolt was a tight fit and I had to screw it into the hose. So I assume that the fuel pump is working well to build that much pressure. Am I right?
So I think I am leaning towards an air leak. As I said earlier the rubber adapter plate (I think that’s what it is called) where the carb connects to the motor has a few hairline cracks around the connection point. I wouldn't think they could cause this much trouble but I don't know. I am going to try and seal them to see if it makes a difference. If it does I will buy a new one. At this point I am just grasping at straws. So if anyone has any other ideas Please don't hesitate to post them.
I know this thing is going to be a lot of fun when I get her going.

Thanks,
Tom
texastom1 is offline   Reply With Quote