View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 10:11 AM   #4
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 stroke ezgo sluggish at starting off

I have an 83 ezgo with the 2pg. I initially changed the drive clutch because it seemed loose and I thought rattled.
Now I've got the engine to run fairly good, not great, it seems like its running governed, but the governer is removed.
The Problem I'm trying to solve is that the engine won't take off for several seconds after you throttle it. I have another 2pg that hits and runs right away so I don't think its normal. In reverse it starts twice as fast.In forward, it takes long enough it makes you wonder if its going to go at all.
Heres what I've done, checked, replaced.

New starter generator. No help, no change, now I have a spare. Though I had to change the old large diameter pulley to the new starter to match the vbelt length.

New ignition module, checked firing with timing light, blue fire at plug. New plug at .028. I have used 4, 5 and 6 heat range plugs gapped to .029, no change
Fuel tank, lines, cleaned. New 128to1 fuel. Fuel pump working, new filters in right direction. Carb cleaned extremely well including center meter. Float set at .200
New air filter, on or off no change.
Compression 110.
I separated the exhaust pipe to relieve pressure, and it wouldn't start any better.
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote