View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #1
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Maintenance and pricing questions

I have a 2008 Precedent. I've reached my limit mostly in terms of time and partially in terms of capabilities of what I can do to fix it up.

I have put in Allied Lithium batteries, bypassed the OBC, put on new wheels/tires, fixed seat hinges, etc.

The cart needs new bushings throughout the front suspension (already bought them from David@Revolution), and probably hasn't been lubed in years (certainly not since I got it several months ago).

It has a crappy voltage reducer and crappy LED headlights and taillights (the taillights are mounted behind where the golf bags go...LOL). One of the headlights flickers like a strobe light.

So, I need to get the following done to it:

1) replace front bushings
2) lube
3) put in decent 12v reducer and preferably a light bar up front and real taillights in the back on the rear fenders
4) what else should be done maintenance-wise after no maintenance for a long time?

Before I call my local golf cart shop, I'd like to have some idea what might be a reasonable price for each of these things. I can live without 3 for now. 1 and 2 probably really need doing. Also, do any shops ever come do this stuff in your driveway instead of charging extra to come pick up the cart and then drop it off again? I don't want to sound like too much of a newb if I ask the shop that...cause then I know my price will go up!

Thanks in advance.
ozycart is offline   Reply With Quote