View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
woody
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Charging Issue 99 Club Car DS

Hello all. Newbie to the site and seeking some advice. I am experiencing an issue with my 99 Club Car and charging. I have read numerous posts that look familiar to my situation but am still in need of guidance.

I definitely caused my own problem here by neglecting to check water level in batteries for more than a year (yep, you heard it right). I wasn't aware of this important maintenance item. Needless to say, my battery light started coming on even after a charge. Finally, I learned about the water and added 2 gallons of distilled water to the 6 - 8v batteries. That seemed like a lot to me...probably all dry right? Anyway, the charger wouldn't engage due to low voltage (all batts were 7.42v) and the cart finally died. I individually charged each battery back to a little over 8v and the charger kicked in! Thought I dodged the expensive bullet of buying 6 new batts but my joy quickly turned to sorrow when the charger kicked off about 10 minutes in.

Now, I am not sure where to go with this. I suspect the batteries are toast but would love to try something else before spending +/- $ 600. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!
woody is offline   Reply With Quote