View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 07:53 AM   #55
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: Extreme Team install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
Whelp, last night during trick or treating with the kids I had a strange phenomenon occur. A neighbor wanted a ride after hearing about how quick my cart was now. Thus far I have had the speed dial turned all the way up and the accel dial a decent bit below the black "recommended" line on the Navitas one the fly controller. Well I punched it like I have been doing all week since installing it and it took off then immediately slowed down quite a bit as if I had taken my foot off the "gas". I thought, "Well this is odd". So I turned up the accel dial all the way up. Same thing happened. My battery was at around 68% charge on the dash dial that came with the battery, so I don't think charge was an issue. Any clues what happened? This was similar to when the Roypow would shut down under high current draw but at least in this case the cart was still able to move, albeit at a VERY slow pace compared to what it has been doing thus far. I charged the pack overnight and will report back if it is still occurring later.
Sounds like the controller was dropping into low voltage / battery mode. You would see a yellow exclamation box if you were looking at the app.

Look at the voltage (real time) when it happens and see what it drops to. Having others in the cart will also cause more drop (more current) under hard acceleration.

The Navitas lithium battery profiles are a mess - I wouldn't use them. I'd modify a few of the lead acid parameters.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote