View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 10:09 AM   #57
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: Extreme Team install

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYCART8A4RE View Post
Quote "[The Navitas lithium battery profiles are a mess - I wouldn't use them. I'd modify a few of the lead acid parameters.]

I'll have to let my brother know about this. He has been getting some weird dips in power intermittently with his set up. Wonder if the lithium profile has something to do with that. Thanks for that bit of info
Sure thing.

They've had a lot of time to work on this, but have been focused on other things apparently. There are a lot of variables in the many lithium options out there right now, and that's probably a big part of it to be fair to Navitas.

I have had a Roypow (48v nominal, actually ~52v) and currently have a 72v (~80v actual) and while one of the older FW versions seemed to work ok with the Roypow, I can't use any of the 72v lithium profiles that have been included with the last 2 or 3 Navitas FW revisions. All result in a low voltage situation either immediately or any time a load is put on the cart (acceleration etc...). This is irrespective of what you set "system voltage" to.

Anyway, for those who may have issues like what I responded to above, I'd use the standard lead acid profile and just change system voltage to whatever it is with your pack.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote