View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
mobilefleet
Not Yet Wild

Default More help with my old Melex!

OK I'm making progress now.....bought new batteries, and wired in a new resistor with 4 new cables. The only problem I have left is that the old owner or someone must have wired something wrong, or maybe that switch on the other side of the board that the resistor cables go on is bad. I think it's called a microswitch, when you press the accelerator that's the switch I'm talking about, it has a metal contact that is released and does not touch when you press the accelerator. Anyway I noticed that this switch has 2 wires going to it and one of the wires goes to a small terminal on the solenoid, and the other wire was just hanging but it looked like it went to the other terminal on the microswitch, so I connected it but the cart would not go. Until I tried touching the hanging terminal to the same small terminal on the solenoid, then the cart will go. Does this mean that that microswitch is bad, or is something wired wrong? If so can I get one of these at Home Depot or an electrical place, or do I need to go to a cart shop?

One last thing, any way to tell what year my cart is? The model says Melex 252 and someone once said that the serial number last 2 digits was the year, but in that case mine would be 71 for 1971. Can this cart really be that old?
mobilefleet is offline   Reply With Quote