View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 08:24 AM   #5
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: EZGO TXT BigBattery HSKY, Alltrax conversion, 36-48 conversion results

Quote:
Originally Posted by once_for_all View Post
Very nice setup! I ordered mine today too. It looks like it fits well in the front battery section. Did you do any mods to the frame? How do you intend to strap it down?

Regarding the ring connections, there is a youtube video that shows mounting a positive and a negative post to the M6 screw holes for the wheels. It's on the bigbattery photo slide bar for the husky.
It fits perfectly in the front battery tray. The rear slot I was unable to finesse it past the body of the cart, but I'm sure it could be done. Only disadvantage is that you can't see the digital display easily, but we are all running external meters anyway, so a minor issue.

I've seen a lot of solutions for securing the battery, but currently it is just sitting in the tray. I'm just going to use a short ratchet strap looped around the tray to tie it in.

I saw that video. The guy actually lives about 15 min from me and we emailed a few times prior to my purchase. My only gripe with installing down on that end is all the excess cable. You can save double the length of the HSKY if you run everything directly from the Anderson plug to the controller side.

BigBattery cables are only 6 awg, so I'd like to minimize the lengths given that the rest of the cart is 4 awg. I'm debating on buying some specific length 4 ga once I have everything installed permanently, but the current performance on 6 is already well in excess of my needs so I wonder if I should even bother.

I wanted to future-proof, so I used a a 4 bolt bus bar. Mounted them to the floor of the frame below the controller using an existing hole.

My only oddity at this point is the charger. As I mentioned yesterday I ran it below 10%, so I assumed I'd be in for a long charge, but after 14 hours the fan was still running at I was was 58.2/3 volts.

I plugged in yesterday afternoon and ran quickly up to 53.x volts but plateaued there.

I'm using the BigBattery non-sealed charger 15 amp, so I'm not sure if that is normal behavior or if I need to dial in my voltage more.

BigBattery support said they set the voltage potentiometer screw at the factory, but I was an idiot and messed with it yesterday when it cut off at 49v during my hard kill scenario. I may have reach out today and see if they can provide some guidance.
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote