View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Steelhammer
Not Yet Wild

Default Hello, new G9 owner, need help...pics inside!

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.

I recently bought an ugly but running G9. After lots of reading I got a few things fixed, removed the body and finished the bodywork and paint. I have a long way to go but it's getting there, I was recently diagnosed with R.A. So the cart is basically just so I can take my kids up to the park and mess around. Anywho....

The thing that has me stumped is the valve cover ports. All of Mine are capped but one? The top port is connected to a hose that goes nowhere but is open. The bottom port is capped as is the passenger side port. The hose coming from the back of the engine near the exhaust goes direct to the fuel pump. The cart has no airbox and is running a K&N style air filter. The engine runs great, no smoke, pulls hard and runs smooth, I've driven it about 5 miles the last few days and had no issues, expect she backfires sometimes when getting on the throttle after stopping.

There is a small hose that comes from the bottom front passenger side of the motor that's capped, not sure where that's supposed to go?

If I connect everything correctly, minus the check valve as I don't have one and the plugged hose from the front passenger side of the motor as i dont know where that goes, the cart doesn't run. The only way to get it to run is to choke the hell out of it and event then it runs for a minute then dies.

Am I correct in assuming that running the way it is now is getting no oil to the top end?

If the current setup is not good, how do I get it to run when connected correctly?

Please help!

before and after pics to follow
Steelhammer is offline   Reply With Quote