View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car won't charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I drove my cart most of the day, and I noticed that the yellow battery light kept coming on and off. It would come on for about 20 seconds, then off for about 10. It did this cycle all day EXCEPT while I was driving it. While I was driving, it was off; the minute I stopped, it came back on. The cart had plenty of power and ran great. Near dark, it was slowing down badly on hills, so I thought I would charge it overnight. When I plugged it in, the meter on the charger went past the 15A mark, and within 30 seconds, the little breaker on the charger popped. I pushed it back in and it would do the same thing. It did this about 5 times until eventually the breaker would not reset. The charger itself and the cord are abnormally warm. Also, the light is back to what it was doing all day. What is causing this? I have had this cart since March and have never had a problem. Thank you for any help...
this sounds like something overheated with cart.....are cables all ok and intact? if so i would check each battery you may have one that shorted and thats why charger is actinp up now........it pegging on the meter is saying something about the batteries.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote