View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #5
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Lithium Boost Conversion

It is a more expensive way to go than doing a DIY kit yourself, but it is a one stop shopping experience. I don’t know what the story is with the BMS because if you have a single charger on every cell, in theory you don’t need a BMS since the chargers will essentially keep the pack balanced. Also, at 10A, that charger will probably take 7.5 hours to charge a 72ah pack from dead, verses 2.5 hours with a 25A charger (if that matters to you). Plus that’s just more chargers that can fail potentially. Just seems more of a complicated setup than necessary compared to a traditional single charger with a balancing BMS.

If you want an easy lithium pack and don’t mind paying a slight premium for it as a result, this is probably the easiest way to go. I wouldn’t want the individual chargers but that’s just my preference. This would definitely have been a faster and easier route than my current pack build. However if PingEye3 can get the chargers and BMS from Nick at EV and give you the wiring diagrams you could build a leaf pack for approximately $1,500 with the 60ah cells, maybe $1,800 with the 82ah. Nicks BMS and charger is easy to wire up. That’s a significant savings compared to $2,570+ shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote