View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Exclamation Yamaha Drive Suspension Ideas? and tire and wheel? on Yamaha Drive with a 600cc motor

I need some ideas on the front suspension on this Yamaha Drive, I swapped in a 600cbr f3 engine I have it running top notch it handles good for what it is but Rifter asked about my plans for front suspension at the time I never gave any thought to it now I have wheels turning in my head again but this time I can't come up with anything that I can use.
My goal is to keep this cart looking as stock as possible and keep it at close to stock ride height.
I am also wondering what is the biggest tire and wheel combo I can run on a stock height cart? I would like to stick with Dot approved on road tires and possibly a 14" wheel.
As for the front suspension I am considering having a local race shop fabricate a new tubular control arm and running a Atv shock up front the reason I don't want to use atv control arms is the are generally to long and would stick far out from the front of the cart I am open to any and all ideas.
and for those of you who are curious here is a video of the cart running.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIMR...ature=youtu.be
s10king91 is offline   Reply With Quote