View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 06:22 AM   #8
Helirich
Gone Wild

Default Re: Tow Switch Ezgo Marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
The sepex controllers have "roll away" features and electronic braking....thats where problems can occur when you don't put it into tow mode. Current is going into the motor trying to brake or not roll away...then possibly burning up the controller.
On my PDS, I sometimes drive up somewhere and get out on a slight hill. The cart drifts a few feet as I walk away. It beeps and I know the regen is putting a drag on it. That doesn't hurt anything, does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
On a series motor, it doesn't matter at all. You can leave it in forward, reverse or neutral, it doesn't matter. No power is coming out of the controller if the key is off...if it is wired stock/correctly.
On a series, If you are coasting down a hill, the key would be on, so I wouldn't think it would hurt it, even if the key is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcloverranch View Post
One more question I have, what is the fastest speed you could tow this cart without the motor being turned too fast? Say if you need to haul it down the highway a few miles?
I wouldn't tow it much faster than it will drive under its own power. I believe the max rpm of the motor is 6000. You would have to figure what yours is doing based on tire size and gears.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote