View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 07:47 AM   #10
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best and most affordable charger for lithium leaf 14s pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Bronsonj, you have it the wrong way around.
Sorry Pat, you're right. I did get that backwards. Power supply cutoff and BMS as backup.

I did check and my power supply does CC until the V gets up to the predetermined mark then it holds there until it shuts off. My power supply does 10.6 amps until it gets to the voltage threshold then does CV.

My power supply is model EVS57-10R6 by a company called TDK-Lambda. I picked mine up for just under a hundo from the online auction site. I checked the retail outlets and they are over $300 now! I did a search for my model number on the auction site and found nothing... But I purchased that back in 2019 after my purpose built lithium charger died, so I'm thinking it's just been replaced by newer models.

But back to the original question, you need to figure out how high you want to charge your cells. 4.10vpc? 4.13vpc? 4.15vpc? Assuming 4.13 that'd be a 57.8v power supply, although most power supplies offer a potentiometer to adjust the final voltage.

If you do the power supply then I'd recommend something that automatically disconnects it from the battery pack when done. I used this 120v AC relay:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's coil is activated when I plug the cart in, it gets 120v AC. Then it has several other connections so one of those is used to connect the charger to the pack. This way it automatically connects when the cart plugs in and automatically disconnects when the cart is unplugged. I also wired in the 12v charger for the 12v power through the same relay, so both chargers are completely disconnected from their respective batteries when the cart unplugs. That plus it's only one extension cord required to be used to charge both packs.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote