View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 10:34 PM   #1
weekster
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default LiFePo4 Troubleshooting

I've been running the Extreme Team Evolution/Endurance Series LiFePo4 48v 100AH Battery Pack in my 2002 Club Car DS since March. I've had a few issues and would appreciate any thoughts on troubleshooting them.

1. Although I suspect this isn’t a battery issue, on a couple of occasions after fully charging, I have put the cart into reverse to back out of my garage. The motor engages but when I let off the pedal and then attempt to go again, the solenoid clicks but the motor doesn't engage. This has happened a couple of times and each time, if I let it sit for 10-15 minutes, it runs fine.

2. The 12V connections aren't working (putting out < 1V). They worked fine for a while then one of my kids must have played with the lights and left them on. The cart ran completely dead. I recharged and it ran fine but the 12V connection no longer works.

A couple of days ago, I had been riding for a couple of hours while working on our ranch. I went through a steep muddy crossing when I accelerated to climb out, all the power on the cart went out. Both the gauge on the battery and the external one just went blank. I loaded it up and brought it home and put it on the charger and almost immediately, it showed an 87% charge and now runs fine.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
weekster is offline   Reply With Quote