View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 04:41 PM   #8
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Default Re: LiFePO4 vs. NMC Chemistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Ronno, I commented in an earlier thread that the 48V BDGR KIT GEN-2 would not fit in our DS carts. I'm not sure but I believe this mounting sketch that I drew would work. The individual packs would mount with the voltage readouts facing each other.

Unless the angle towards the front of the cart is raised 2", the packs would sit at a 12 degree angle. I'm not sure if that is okay or not. This would leave a lot of room for relocating the controller and solenoid, voltage reducer, fuse blocks, etc.
Thanks, Mr. Tom. Big Battey told me that the batteries can be mounted in any position other than standing on their heads.......
That being said, laying on their sides and at the angle of the frame rails would be fine; or I think your mounting frame would do the trick. I will have to check, but I believe there is more than adequate room beneath the seat to level the batteries to the highest point of contact with the frame.

What batteries are you running?

According to BB.com the LiFePO4 battery should last 2x as long as the NMC.... that could be a game changer...
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote