View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 04:21 PM   #9
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: LiFePO4 vs. NMC Chemistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronno6 View Post
Thanks, Mr. Tom. Big Battey told me that the batteries can be mounted in any position other than standing on their heads.......
That being said, laying on their sides and at the angle of the frame rails would be fine; or I think your mounting frame would do the trick. I will have to check, but I believe there is more than adequate room beneath the seat to level the batteries to the highest point of contact with the frame.

What batteries are you running?

According to BB.com the LiFePO4 battery should last 2x as long as the NMC.... that could be a game changer...
Well....right now I'm running some very strong, will not die, 8-1/2 year old Crown Cr-165's.

I've been waiting three years for them to go. During the wait I have learned a lot and watched the lithium progress.

I'm still leaning toward the ECO Battery for easy cart fitment and single battery, single BMS which many say is the best way to go. Whether that is ECO or some other compact one, I'm not sure.

Again, I can get Trojan T875's for $892 out the door, 20 miles away, in stock every day. So I'm still on the fence.

Good luck with your choice and setup!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote