View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 05:19 PM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: So..Who's selling a good BMS system for a 48V Lithium Ion Leaf pack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
I looked at his data as well to find the actual screen used. I see that you’ve purchased a new screen so let’s see how that goes. That should fix it unless the firmware has somehow become corrupted. Ian does have the source files to reflash the firmware but that’s getting quite in depth and we’ll cross that bridge if we need to. Keep us informed.
Yeah....I read the documentation he published and it's getting waaayyy above my head.

Today (and I didn't break anything...thank goodness) I attempted to separate the LCD display from the control board. That didn't happen. After some attempts with fingers, and screwdrivers (very light attempts) I determined there was more here than meets the eye.

So, upon reading further (and really....who reads it all up front? ) I discovered that Ian soldered each of the 34 connector pins.

So...this pic is one that Ian provided:

And these pics are the front and back views of my LCD and Control Board attached together:

So...it's difficult to tell from the web site where I purchased the new LED screen https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22557...andl_shipto=US if the "pins" are pre-soldered on the LCD screen, or pre-soldered onto the Control Board.

I'm thinking...hoping...they are pre-solderd on the Control Board. I have a few old laptops in my garage junk pile that I can pull out the board and practice "un-soldering".

If I can't "un-solder" and maintain visual board integrity....then I may not attempt to do this. I'm rolling the dice that the LCD screen is the culprit and not the Control Board.

However, If I unsolder this and destroy the Control Board....I'm still not outta luck as the BMS settings are set...and they are good settings.

But...if I destroy the Control Board then I'm out of having the convince of seeing individual cell balances at a glance. I'd have to do the MM check each cell every now 'n then. I have another digital volt meter connected, so I will know when I approach the magic 50V don't go farther number.

My preference would be to just buy a new monitor.....but sometimes we don't get what we want.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote