View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 09:16 AM   #16
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: new to me 2010 Tomberlin 500, sat for 2 years

ojo, I see you're listed as being in Germany. As we know the internet offers some level of support worldwide, but I get it if you're referring to hands-on or walk-in type support. Most carts are designed and built the same whether from the states or somewhere in the Chinese sphere of influence, and even the parts that China uses have a lot of them coming from Europe (controllers, motors, etc...).

For parts support, I would love to be able to ship overseas, I just haven't figured out the nitty gritty of all the paperwork needed so if any of you guys know how to do that and calculate all the shipping, please drop me a pm.

For online sources of documents, I've added a DOCUMENTS page to my website. Currently going through the upload process but have loaded the current Columbia and Tomberlin parts/service/owner manuals and working backwards in time to get the rest. It's a rather time consuming process.

https://evtechnicalservices.com/documents

But don't forget several years ago I loaded the older documents at www.buggiesgonewild.com/columbia-parcars so you can get those anytime.

I am also sharing the service bulletins for these vehicles but again, time consuming and loaded when I can. Please keep in mind on service bulletins:
Service bulletins are NOT automatic warranty upgrades. Bulletins are issued to inform technicians of changes for any of the following reasons:

Informational tips for troubleshooting;
Material changes;
Obsolescence of a certain part;
An in-process change of a component or assembly;
Various other reasons.

I want to make sure I stress that point because I have seen people find a bulletin from 15 years ago and think they should get an automatic free factory upgrade. It doesn't work that way.

And lastly, for parts here in the US, EV Tech is a parts and service dealer for both Columbia and Tomberlin. We show the manufacturer's true MSRP list price on our website. We don't mark it up a percent just so we can slash through it and make it look like you're getting a deal. Honesty and integrity still needs to count for something even if it's one sided and that's what you'll get from me. If I needed to make a buck by doing the wrong thing then I would prefer to go without.

Bottom line...if you need tech support I'm a tech at heart and will do my best to help. If I don't know the answer I personally know the folks at the factory who I can ask..
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote