View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Grease fittings on yammy G2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba1020 View Post
I need to grease my primary and secondary drives (clutches?)where are my grease fittings located?
Very good question. On the primary clutch (engine) Yamaha recommends...Put the car in nuetral, and brake off...grab the drive belt (on top, between the 2 clutches) and give it a "yank" straight up. This will give you some slack to "roll it out" of the secondary clutch. Take the screws (that hold the cap) off. Turn the clutch so the "zerk" fitting is at 12 oclock. Shoot 1 maybe 2 shots of grease into the zerk. Turn the clutch so the zerk is at 6 oclock, push the clutch towards the engine and "wipe out) any extra greaase you find! The clutch should only have grease on the bushings of the floating flange, if to much grease in the weight/pin/spider/cap area....it will prematurly wear them out and then....you buy new parts and rebuild it. Yamaha di not start building secondary floating flanges with zerk fittings till the G9 model. If yours has been updated, the zerk fitting is in the "tranny" dise of the fixed sheave and 1 to 3 shots of grease shoud do the job. If you hear a "growling" or feel a "vibration" in the seat of you pants...It's useually the bushing in the floating flange or the circlip that holds the spring seat away from the tranny case has let loose. In any case hope this helped. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote