View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 08:13 AM   #54
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2007 ST350 won't fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Well done. So how did you manage the get the clutch off in the end. One trick i should have mentioned is to leave the drive belt in place, pull the top and bottom of the belt together between the two clutches and zip tie them together to keep them tight in the clutches, place the cart in gear with the park brake on and then you can spin the bolt without the clutch turning, as the belt will grip the clutches nice and tight.
I actually got the bolt loose using a regular wrench and the rope in the spark plug hole trick. Slightly thicker rope made all the difference.

I then disconnected the rear driver shock and ubolts, and jacked the driver side frame up, which allowed for a ton of clearance.

After that, the rod (bolt with head cut off) and 3/4 bolt, used my under powered impact, that had enough juice to pop it off.

Ah crap....as I'm sitting here typing this and playing through the steps in my head, I can't remember tightening the idler pulley back once I put the timing belt on. I feel like I did, because I remember lining the spring up, but don't actually remember tightening it.

Funny thing is I told my wife I'm confident I could knock the job out in a fraction of the time if I had to do it again

Looks like I might have to do it again
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote