View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
crowley
Not Yet Wild

Question 81 DS CC - Fried F/R Switch?

My CC(Serial is A8132 XXXXX) has more torque/power in reverse than forward. It will spin the tires on dry unfinished concrete in reverse, but forward seems anemic in comparison.

I read several posts here that said the 18/36v leads may have been reversed. I reversed the white and black legs on the F/R switch and nothing. Tried both directions. I returned it to the previous places. NOTHING in either direction. Solenoids are not clicking at all. Did I fry something or have a loose connection somewhere?

I checked the two wires on the F/R microswitch, F/R white, F/R black and the buzzer. These were the only ones I touched.

The F/R switch on the 81-83 DS diagram does not look anything like mine. I am confused as to why mine is different.

I have three red wires on the passenger side of the F/R switch. Two of them are going to Battery #1 and one goes to the bottom-driver's side of the motor terminal. Two wires, one white and one black are on the moving portion of the F/R switch. White is on driver's side and goes to the resistor coil, solenoid #5. Black is passenger's side of the F/R switch and goes to the bottom-passenger's side of the motor terminal. The top two terminals on the motor have white coming from the master solenoid to the passenger's side motor terminal. The other is black to the battery pack negative. It has a Hitachi motor.

What gives? Fried something?
crowley is offline   Reply With Quote