View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #20
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lithium hunting cart overhaul

So my BMS is here, and I'm starting to map out the wiring. I have questions. Attached is a schematic. Don't pay much attention to the 1-14 going to the cells, as I've run that by the manufacturer and they are good. Also, unlike a Zeva, the Chargery runs the negative through the shunt, not the positive. My questions are:

(1) Can I run a wire directly from the shunt to the charger and a second 2g wire directly from the shunt to B- on the controller?

(2) Can I run two separate wires directly from the B+ one directly to the charger and one to the LV relay? The HV relay is built into the Chargery charger.

(3) Should I put the LV relay somewhere else? I think I read somewhere that it should be somewhere else to potentially stop battery drain.

(4) I currently don't have a fuse between my lead acids and my solenoid. I've seen builds with a fuse on it. Is it necessary when you convert to lithium?

Finally, I'm probably going to put an anderson connector on so I can disconnect the pack, but that's not in the attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6363.jpg (332.7 KB, 0 views)
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote