View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 01:44 AM   #10
joshwarden
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: I40L Ecoxgear Speaker Bar

I finally had free time today to wire mine up. I went ahead and bought a second voltage reducer as well as another fuse block. I'm pretty sure I bought the same voltage reducer that is pictured in the post above. The wiring for the voltage reducer is relatively easy. The only curveball they give is you have to run the green wire to a switched 36 or 48 volt source so the reducer will turn on and off with the key. If you take the cup holder panel off (it just clips in) you will find 3 wires (2 red and 1 brown) that are not being used and I'm assuming are just there for additional accessories. I spliced into one of those red wires. I was reading 36 volts off of it. Worked like a charm! My soundbar had in inline 15 Amp fuse that I had to cut off to feed my wires where I wanted them. Like I say I bought an additional fuse block so this wasn't a big deal. I do feel better having the second reducer. At some point we will probably add some ground lighting and possibly another speaker. I will definitely have plenty of amps to work with bow and won't have to rewire anything, just add to it. I can send pics of you want. Just let me know!
joshwarden is offline   Reply With Quote