View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: Front-end alignment

yo the "centering bolt" has a odd shaped head to it. if you loosen eveything and tunr the blot, it will shift the lower spring slighlty to the left or right, then tighted all dowm. the arms that i know of ar not bent or suposed to be bent. the delt frame, or the sshock tower , it holds the rack and pinion, upper shock mounts and the a arms is going to cause you a lot of greef if twiste, bent or wobber jobber. pull it off and check it to see if it is straight, and not twisted. if not get a new one. it will sve you a whole lot of headaches. i ahd a carryall do a header into a cherry tree, bent the bumber, the shock frame, the front frame section and bent the rack and pion on the steering, but it only showed damage to the bumber, and brush gaurd. the shock moutn was around 60 bucks at the dealer. but it saved a lot of headache wheni found out mine was tweeked just right. i would bite the bullet and buy new arms and either by a new spring, or see if a spring shop can re arch it for you.
dont forget that aluimium act completly diffent then steel, it flexes more, but will tear insted of braking or bending. it also may do this in other areas you would bnot expect, such as under the body, or in the front floor board area. so take a good look here too for any damage.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote