View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #15
WKC
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Automatic Charging

Like I told you the only thing in the charger that has been changed is by passing the circut breaker I might have to give you a little more information about me I spent 18 years as a Maintenance Manager and I am quite familiar with looking at electrical systems rebuilding complete cnc machines and taking care of business so beleive me when I tell you that is what has been changed and I can not see any place where something used to be that was removed either besides that the charger is not real complecated and the old wiring has not been touched or moved the wire for the input to the circut breaker has been routed to the circut so it has no circut breaker.I have in line fuses that I can install that mount where the breaker went so it will blow a fuse instead of the breaker I have no choice about the charger being mounted on the cart my sister can barley walk by herself there is no way she can carry the charger if it is left in the cart out in the parking lot some low life will steal it. After removing the housing to her current charger it is quit apperant that the transformer creates a LOT OF HEAT and can't be sealed in the box it has to have a lot of air movement so using it is not a good idea. I have found severial on board chargers with a 3 year warrenty and some with 1 year but the Delta looks to be the best but most coastly I will load test the battery's tomorrow and see just how many are bad and the boat is still out about the charger I don't understand why the charger is not a stand alone unit instead of having parts in the goilf cart to work with it. Just makes no sence to me but what do I know nothing I guess K C
WKC is offline   Reply With Quote