View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 12:21 PM   #6
rgs80074
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: battery question, maybe stupid but I don't know anything about them

thanks everyone for the advice. I was thinking on those other batteries because I was told about them but just was not sure they was the way to go.

As far as maintenance on the batteries she claims she checked them every 2 weeks and made sure they was properly filled with distilled water.

The batteries are not all that old, about 2-3 years the ones that was on the cart when she got it was a mix match of 8-12 years old.

all her current batteries are from rural king golf card batteries, think now they are running like 120 bucks each.

I just worry about buying new batteries and having the charger be an issue that caused those to go bad.

the charger is for a txt looks be be like 25amp with a sb50 connection. odd its mounted to the cart itself not sure why but the cable that plugs into the port to charge by the batteries is very hard to get in seems almost like partially melted and it will wiggle its way out a lot when charging.

so the cart my understanding calls for a 15amp charger thinking about getting one like this for it
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPWNHD4...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

of course that would require the plug in port having to be changed to accept it but thats not a problem. think this would be better than the sb50 connection she has, i would just change out the connections but not sure i have the right tools for the charger cord to do that.

thanks again you all are wonderful
rgs80074 is offline   Reply With Quote