Thread: RoyPow problems
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 05:22 PM   #28
Gadgetman111
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: RoyPow problems

Been awhile since I updated this. RoyPow sent me a new battery meter and I had the same problem. Meter showed full pack discharge in a matter of minutes, but pack still had full charge. Installed a Renogy coulomb meter with a shunt resistor and ditched the RoyPow meter. I’ve had zero issue since I did that, but I do keep a higher charge on the pack which will probably shorten the overall life of the pack, but I feel that is a better option than replacing a $2000 battery pack at this point. The Renogy meter provides much more data than the stock RoyPow meter and was fairly straight forward to install.

I used to play 2+ rounds of golf on a charge and drain the pack down to 25% or so before recharging. Now I charge after every round with the meter showing 65-75% remaining.

I like the RoyPow but it is NOT a good solution for the Club Car DS mainly because it does not fit in the battery bay without modifying the battery case and cart frame (mine is squeezed in which makes the posts and on/off switch difficult to access).
Gadgetman111 is offline   Reply With Quote