View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 01:46 PM   #8
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: '99 Club Car DS ECO Battery Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRGeno View Post
Looks very clean and prepped. Can't wait to see the finished install.

You've done all the upgrades I have planned for my, new to me 97, except I'm going AC with a Navitas set up. How was the MCOR-4 upgrade? I'm going from a V-Glide to MCOR-4 next.
Thanks!

The MCOR conversion is not difficult especially if you get the front end of the cart up on some ramps. Get your conversion kit from Revolution only. He has the OEM parts for it. The ones on Ebay look identical but may or may not be.

I bought my kit 4 years ago on Ebay and it came with Mexico MCORs. Since that installation I went through the original Mexico and two other Mexico ones that needed to be replaced due to jerky operation and needing to pump the pedal before each use.

Over a year ago, I decided to get the China one that everyone here recommends against buying. It was less than 1/2 the price of the Mexico ones. It has to date been smoother in operation than any of the Mexico ones ever were even when brand new. Did I get the elusive good one? I don't know but I'm happy for now. See this thread for more info:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=175721

I believe Scotty @ Carts Unlimited sells the China ones at less cost than the OEM ones.

That said, I highly recommend getting the OEM kit from David @ Revolution for the initial installation. Down the road if that one fails to perform, get whatever you want to try. You might get lucky and save a few $ too.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote