View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #1
PARS11
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 09 YDRE Won’t Move After Removing Motor

Just picked up a used 2009 YDRE. Cart has 6in lift with 23” tires and stock motor and controller. After getting it home and taking it for a spin the cart topped out at 11mph. Wanting more speed I picked up XCT 48400 from alltrax upgraded to a heavy duty solenoid and swapped out the old cables for a 4 guage set. After putting it all back together I was running about 13mph on the flats and the max motor rpm was only 2700. I called alltrax tech support and they requested a log file. They checked the file and said everything looks ok accept the motor current was around 200 and it should be closer to 120. The tech suggested taking a look at the motor and cleaning out the carbon with compressed air. I removed the motor and cleaned it out with the compressed air(There was quite a bit) and put everything back together. Switched the tow switch to run turned the key on and pressed the throttle and the cart barley moved then stopped after about 3 ft and now doesn’t move. I took the motor back off and checked to make sure I didn’t spin a post and brake one of the F1/F2 cables inside and everything looked fine. I tried it with the speed sensor unplugged and got the same results. This is my first time working with a cart looking for some troubleshooting recommendations. Is there a good way to check if the motor is bad? Is there anything else I may have done that could have broke something?
PARS11 is offline   Reply With Quote