View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 08:51 AM   #15
Witherel
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Allied Lithium - 2015 EZGO Extended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
I've just read about your experience with the new lithium setup. For the future it's a way to go for sure, but wondering about the bad performance of your lead acid batteries. What brand was it? My 2 years old Trojans (T1275plus) just arrived their 100% capacity after 40 loading cycles. My longest run last september with low regen braking was about 20mls and when i returned, the soc meter was showing ~75%. Not that poor as you described yours
This is a fair question. I was more than surprised that after just 2 years that I could barely finish a 7mi ride (4 passengers) on the lead acid batteries. I watered them as needed and always, always charged after every single trip - even if a 1mi trip or 10mi, I charged the batteries. Dealer recommended this and write-ups online offered differing opinions. I think the constant charging took a toll on the number of charging cycles. And to be honest, I checked battery water monthly but for over a year never added a drop because plates were covered - I wonder too if I didn’t water enough. But like I said, battery plates were always covered. They weren’t Trojans - I can’t recall the name brand though.
Witherel is offline   Reply With Quote