View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G2/G9 acceleration questions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunLoneWolf View Post
Sho is that with the power/torque spring or the stock one???? Pretty good numbers either way
Its mostly stock, I did drill holes in the weights but made little if any difference. Took the stock spring out and did stretch it out longer, not sure that made much difference either but maybe some. I was trying to pull boats on trailers. What really helped was cutting down the helix, I made a jig and cut the last 1/3 or so of ramps down a little. It stays in low more at low speeds high throttle. So once I get to 1mph or so it revs and pulls better. A new belt helps, setting the tensioner that way helped too. Also cut sheave helps I put one on another cart. Mind you I was trying to get more torque at <5mph and dead start conditions. Now the engine is getting worn out that makes it worse, the clutches react differently with less power, worse. At higher speeds and part throttle it acts pretty stock and works fine. Also the 22s on it get larger with more air so they measure 23 tall when I put 15psi in the rears. I can just make 30 gps on a paved road or hard gravel, but not on the sandy gravel I was running on only 28 there....and I've run that lots of times its the one in the video this should have topped at 28.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote