View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 08:11 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Front shock mounts G2/G9, change to fix positive camber?

I know this sounds strange, but roll it backwards on the concrete driveway. Does the camber change? Does it correct it?

If so, you have a toe setting issue. Try and set the toe as close to zero as possible. Use long straight 2x4's or pipes to get it set perfectly.

Let me explain: If your toe setting is "Toed In" then when you roll the cart forward the tires want to pull inward. In other words, the tires want to track in the direction they are pointed. If they are pointed inwards, they will want to pull themselves inward. This is what creates the positive camber, they literally lift themselves up to the highest point. When you drive it backwards, they should do the exact opposite, and you will get negative camber. When you drive it in the grass you usually won't have this issue because the tires can slide more on the grass and don't push the suspension upwards. Setting the toe to zero will alleviate this issue.

If you don't see this happening, then yes, you can raise the upper shock mounting location to compensate. You can literally drill a hole above the original hole and round out/clearance the body bracket to fit around the shock. I've done it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g1 shock inked.jpg (449.9 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote