View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 12:46 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What have I bought?!

Sure looks like an earlier steel bodied Cushman to me, and the clunky 3 speed shifter beside the driver on the left seems to confirm this. As FairTax says, look for a serial plate with a four or six figure number or both with a hyphen in between. Obviously it appears to be modified on the front.

Early models had a four digit serial number, later models had a six figure number hyphenated with a four digit number and even later models had just a six digit number as far as I can recall, which was difficult to determine year of manufacture. The four figure number in either case used the first two digits as the date code.

The Cushman brothers started out making small utility trucks to order and customers specification, so none of the early ones were really built to a single standard. Later models were built as a basic unified design and then accessorized to customer preference.

I do not recall the 16hp vanguard being fitted as standard so it could well be something else other than Cushman.

This is only information I have gained over the years and may not be entirely accurate.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote